Thursday, August 02, 2007

We've Been Working on a Project This Summer: PART 2

When last we left Thad, he was snoozling away in his Big Boy Bed with his Bed Pals. The next morning, we made a huge deal that HE WAS SUCH A BIG BOY! SLEEPING!! IN HIS OWN!!! BIG!!! BOY!!! BED!!! YEA, THAD!!! He looked at me and said, "Do I get a trophy, Mom?"


Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . Of course you do, Thad!


"I didn't expect this! I didn't prepare anything to say! Oh my! There's so many people to thank!"

"You know, I really worked hard for this. I never thought I would be able to sleep without my mom. But my parents never gave up on me. They believed in me. They seemed to want it more than I did!"

"Wow. I am just so stunned. I just tried to do my best, you know? I did some research on how it felt for others to sleep in their own beds and then tried to step into that experience, you know? I didn't want to let my audience down. It's all for them, you know?"

"It's definitely been my most demanding work--it has just made me dig deep inside myself. And I asked myself repeatedly: 'Can you really do this?' And my parents kept reassuring me that I could. I really, really, really could!"

"I'm King of the Bed!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!!!

Anonymous said...

He forgot the part in his speech where he gives all the glory to God, you know? :) Way, way too cute!