Friday, June 22, 2007

Look Who is Sleeping in His Big Boy Bed!!!





Last week Thad and I talked about his lonely Big Boy Bed. I told him that Friday night he was going to get to sleep in it finally! On Thursday, I told him we would go and pick out two buddies for him to take to his new Big Boy Bed. Much excitement was built!

Friday afternoon we went to Toys R Us and after a lot of careful consideration, Thad came home with Puppy Dog, a border collie, and Sleepy Pablo, one of the Backyardigans.

We went home and got ready for bed. (I slept on a mattress on his floor for the first week; tonight I am next door!) He climbed up into bed, cuddling Puppy Dog (his official name), and with nary a tear or complaint, 20 minutes later he was asleep.

And it's been smooth sailing ever since. He has made a couple half-hearted attempts of telling me he is going to sleep with me, but no problem getting into bed. He also told Pete that he was going to sleep with him, but again, once Pete talked up the Big Boy Bed, he was fine.

We are VERY, VERY PROUD of our Big Boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic!
~Laurie